Installation Problem

Robert Slade fedora at bathnetworks.com
Wed Jan 26 15:26:14 UTC 2005

On Wed, 2005-01-26 at 13:48, Paul Howarth wrote:
> Cruz, Gustavo - (Col) wrote:
> > I want to install Fedora on a HP Server, but the RAID SCSI Controller hasn´t recognized, close anaconda and reboot the server. I have a disk boot in RH9 wich recognize the RAID SCSI controller, and the other hand I have a megaraid.o driver by the manufacturer.
> >
> > How do I load the driver (megaraid.o) during the install process?. Or Is there any form to upgrade RH9 to Fedora without reboot the machine, or use the current kernel (which has recognize the SCSI Controller) Or how Use my boot diskette in RH9 to install Fedora?
>
> Assuming you're referring to Fedora Core 3, you could try the driver
> disk at: http://www.city-fan.org/~paul/megaraid/
>
> Paul.

Paul,

I have a similar problem with a Proliant 5000. FC2 or 3 does not
recognise the SCSI CD rom properly. Whilst you can start the
installation, FC sees the CD as a series of iso images, rather than the
single image. Free BSD works OK, but I would like to use the multi
processor Kernal and BSD does not support this at present.

I guess that the problem is the Scsi driver, is there any way around
this?

Rob