Freeing some partition space...

Gustavo Seabra seabra at ksu.edu
Wed Jan 26 16:41:06 UTC 2005

Hi,

I'm running out of space in the / (root) partition. To free some space,
I want to clean the temporary files in /tmp, but I heard a while ago
that it might break something if done while running a graphical desktop.
How can I clean it then?

Also, I believe someone suggested to clean this area every time the
computer boots. How can I set it up for that?

Does anyone has any suggestions of what else I could clean up to free
some extra space? (I'm using an old computer with just 5G for the root
partition.)

Thanks,

--
Gustavo Seabra - Graduate Student