Should I wait for Fedora Core 4?

Bill Case billlinux at rogers.com
Wed Jan 26 19:34:47 UTC 2005

Hi dant;

Trying to avoid old problem re-hash but ...

> Bill Case wrote:
> > Hi;
> >
> > The Fedora site predicts that the Core 4 release will be available
> mid
> > May.  I am waiting for a couple of updates or fixes that I
> particularly
> > want i.e. Yelp 2.9/2.10 and a Xemacs, Emacs modifier key bug fix.
> >
> > Should I wait for Core 4 or should I futz around now trying to get
> > downloads working in Core 3.  I have only been on Linux for a year
> but I
> > am willing to try.
> >
> > Regards Bill
> >

> What's wrong with your current download situation?
>
> Thanks
> -dant

Xemacs will not recognize my super(win) or my shift key as a modifier
keys.  After some discussion on this list, a couple of weeks ago, it was
established that there was a bugzilla report on this problem and a
Fedora/Xemacs fix was required. I am waiting for that fix.

Yelp has just released version 2.9 - I believe - with access to info and
man included, but I read that the final fix would be Yelp version 2.10,
that would be included with Gnome 2.10 which would only be included with
Fedora Core 4.  Is this not true?

I was trying to ask in short form, if these two things in particular
would be fixed in Core 4 and/or are they fully fixed now and can I apply
them to Core 3 without too much difficulty.

Regards Bill