Firfox and J2SE 5.0 plugin

Jim Cox shakahshakah at gmail.com
Thu Jan 27 15:33:54 UTC 2005

> I just tried to setup the j2se5.0 plugin in Firefox and now firefox
> refuses to open.  Has anyone else had this problem?

Not quite a direct answer, as I ended up using 1.4.2 from Blackdown's
site (for 64-bit Java), but maybe there's something that'll help you
with a 1.5 install.

Here's a link to the article I more-or-less followed:
  http://www.fedoraforum.org/forum/archive/index.php/t-29204.html

I do remember reading that it is important to use a soft-link to the
plugin .so instead of actually copying it to the firefox/mozilla
plugins directory, as the latter would prevent Firefox from starting.