RHGB Doubt

Aleksandar Milivojevic amilivojevic at pbl.ca
Thu Jan 27 16:47:34 UTC 2005

Prudhvi Krishna Surapaneni wrote:
> Hello there,
>
>          i used to use RHEL v3.0 . in RHEL it show the Complete List
> of Services that are Started and Stoped or even if a particular
> service is Failed.         During the Start up and Suring Changing the
> Run levels. I am able to see that during the Startup why not during
> going to runlevel 0 or  6 from runlevel 5

Get rid of graphical boot.  Edit either lilo.conf or grub.conf
(whichever you use), and delete all words rhgb from boot strings.  If
you want to see kernel messages during boot (some people like them, some
don't), also remove quiet from boot strings (if you have it, it is
default on FC3).  If you are using LILO, run lilo after you change the
file.  If you are using Grub, no further action is needed.