Why I think FC3 sucks!

Dave Jones davej at redhat.com
Fri Jan 28 02:22:45 UTC 2005

On Thu, Jan 27, 2005 at 09:15:50PM -0500, Jim Cornette wrote:

 > > > - Some drivers are intentionally deleted because "nobody has this
 > > > hardware any longer".
 > >Examples please ?
 > ISA ethernet versions

Ah yes, that got fixed a few updates back.

 >and I did have a problem with pcnet_cs (I believe)
 > not being configurable with the tools to setup networks.

the driver should have been there since.. well, almost forever.
I don't have access to CVS prior to 09-Sep-04 handy right now, but
it's definitly been in FC3 since then.

I'd love for ISA crap to just go away forever, but every time
we make noises even suggesting it, we get comments from lots
of people about how useful it is for them to have them present
in the Fedora kernels. Maybe one day we can farm out all the
ancient junk to a kernel-oldjunk rpm in fedora-extras 8-)

		Dave