can't activate wireless

Chris Ruprecht chrisr at ruprecht.org
Sat Jan 1 19:29:31 UTC 2005

<smile>
Jim,

No, it's not looking for a cable - this just means that it can not
connect to the AP - in the 'wired' sense, that would mean that your
network cable is disconnected/broken or something like that. In the
'wireless' sense, this means that your link between the client machine
and your AP isn't working.

Please check your WEP and MAC filtering settings on the AP (= Access
Point, aka Wireless Router for home users).

Best regards,
Chris