Odd request for how NOT to do something...

RoboticGolem roboticgolem at gmail.com
Sat Jan 1 21:50:45 UTC 2005

I have evrouter set up for the few extra multimedia keys on my
keyboard.  Works great, only way it could be better is if Firefox
would title its window so I could set up specifics for that.  Anyway,
I have one of those little usb nuberpad things that are designed for
notebooks.  I have it hooked up and it works fine, for what its
intended.  However, I want it to only be acknowledged by the usbevent
layer so that I can turn the 18 keys on that numberpad into hotkeys.
I can get evrouter to acknowledge and even tie things to the keys
there, but I want it to be ignored as a keyboard.  So when I hit the
'1' key on the usb pad, instead of getting a 1 and the programs tied
to it launching just having it launch the app.

cat /proc/bus/input/devices produces this:

I: Bus=0003 Vendor=0a81 Product=0101 Version=0110
N: Name="CHESEN USB Keyboard"
P: Phys=usb-0000:02:00.0-1.1/input0
H: Handlers=kbd event1
B: EV=12000b
B: KEY=10000 7 ff87207a c14057ff febeffdf ffefffff ffffffff fffffffe
B: ABS=100 0
B: LED=1f07

I: Bus=0003 Vendor=0a81 Product=0101 Version=0110
N: Name="CHESEN USB Keyboard"
P: Phys=usb-0000:02:00.0-1.1/input1
H: Handlers=kbd event4
B: EV=10000b
B: KEY=1f0000 20000 3878 d801d101 1e0000 0 0 0
B: ABS=100 0

Now I'm far from a guru, and I really dont know what I'm doing here,
but to me, if I can get the kbd driver to ignore this usbpad, then all
my problems will be fixed.  I just dont know how to get the system to
NOT to tie the kbd driver to it and leave the event handler there.

Any help, maybe even a link to where I need to go, I've been googling
for a while, and found a lot of really neat things about dual
headed/legged computers, but I need it to not register as a keyboard
and have it register as just a usb device.

Thanks
-Matt