Can fedora core be installed from Yum repository

Nifty Hat Mitch mitch48 at sbcglobal.net
Sun Jan 2 06:34:11 UTC 2005

On Fri, Dec 24, 2004 at 12:25:09PM +0200, Gregory Machin wrote:
> On Thu, December 23, 2004 4:47 pm, Matthew Miller said:

> > On Thu, Dec 23, 2004 at 10:12:35AM +0200, Gregory Machin wrote:
> >> Where are the docks for doing http installs , I looked on
> >> Origonaly , I was given FC3 as .iso's \...
> >> do have dvd's and wanted to create an install dvd from the 4 iso's ...
> > There's a DVD iso out there too, by the way.
>
> This i do know but don't have access to the bandwidth to download it,
> bandwidth is expencive in south africa :-(

Where bandwidth is expensive find some local friends and form a sort
of user group.  Exchange and burn iso images.  Are local calls
expensive is SA.  You should be able to connect to each other directly
(not through and ISP) and transfer files, TCP/IP, uucp, ...

If you have the ISO images  you can mount them local.
Something like this to match your own system... In /etc/fstab...

  /iso/RH/FC3/FC3-i386-disc1.iso /mnt/FC3/disc1 iso9660 ro,loop=/dev/loop0 0 0
  etc...

Then in /etc/httpd/conf.d build a file a bit like this "ISO.conf" file.

    $ cat ISO.conf
    Alias   /iso  "/iso"
    <Directory "/iso">
	    Options Indexes
	    DirectoryIndex index.html index.txt /cgi-bin/index.pl
	    AllowOverride All
	    Order allow,deny
	    Allow from HostsYouTrust
    </Directory>

Now if you boot with the FIRST CDROM "linux askmethod" you
will be able to boot and install.

--
	T o m  M i t c h e l l
	spam unwanted email.