New monitor and I am getting no display (GUI)

Appeet appeet at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 2 18:23:54 UTC 2005

Thanks,

I used my FC3 install cd., went on linux rescue mode.

Issued the command "system-config-display --reconfig" -
It gave a message "Trying with card : Intel 810" after which my screen went blank and never returned.

What could I be doing wrong ? (I have another thread on this group where I am having issue with swap, can these 2 be related ?) - when i do top my total swap, available, used = 0!

Wayne Leutwyler <wayne-leutwyler at columbus.rr.com> wrote:
Appeet wrote:
> I had installed fedora fc3 on my desktop. Everything was working fine
> until I connected a "New MONITOR".
>
> Once I installed my new monitor, I do not get any GUI. Only the shell
> appears during startup and after that it is just the monitor power light
> blinking (I know monitor is fine because on my dual boot things are well
> on the XP side)
>
> So what do i need to do ? Do I need to probe my new monitor ? How can I
> do it ?
>
> Graphics card : Intel 82810 display adapter
> Monitor : Samsung Samtron 55V
>
> Thanks in advance.,

> Read only the mail you want - Yahoo! Mail SpamGuard
> .

login as root and issuse this command.

system-config-display --reconfig

Now you can reconfigure your new monitor.

--
Wayne Leutwyler - CNA, RHCT
http://linux.is-a-geek.net