SSHD gone after C2 to C3 upgrade

Scot L. Harris webid at cfl.rr.com
Sun Jan 2 21:07:35 UTC 2005

On Sun, 2005-01-02 at 15:39, Brian McDonald wrote:
> Brian McDonald wrote:

> Wayne your a great help. Shh is now running but now when I try and log in
> through ssh it will not accept my password.
> I know the password works as I can log in from the console. Just SSH is not
> accpeting the password.
>
> Brian

Check your log files, they may provide more detailed information on why
the connection is refused.

Several possibilities, if you are trying to login as root ssh may be
configured to deny root logins.

ssh can also be configured to permit only selected users via the
AllowUsers statement in the /etc/ssh/sshd_config file.  If your user is
not listed there it will not let you in.

Verify that your caps lock key is not set. :)

Another possibility that I am not sure about is selinux may be blocking
the ssh connection.

All of these possibilities should show up in your log files.

--
Scot L. Harris
webid at cfl.rr.com

Real Time, adj.:
	Here and now, as opposed to fake time, which only occurs there and then.