New monitor and I am getting no display (SOLVED)

Appeet appeet at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 2 21:16:45 UTC 2005

<http://us.rd.yahoo.com/mail_us/taglines/mobile/*http://mobile.yahoo.com/maildemo>

> > Get it on your mobile phone.
> >

> When you boot your system (without being in rescue
> mode) do you get
> dumped to a text log in prompt? If so log in as root
> and try the
> system-config-display --reconfig again. What are the
> results. If you are
> not able to see the screen when you boot this way
> then read below.
>
> Another thing you can do is boot into run level 3
> and by pass any X
> stuff. Do this by hitting the e key when the grub
> menu is up then edit
> the kernel line and add a 3 at the end of it. hit
> enter and then b when
> your ready to boot. Once here you can again try to
> reconfigure your
> display like above.
>
> One thing that you can try would be to make a copy
> of the current
> xorg.conf and then delete the current xorg.conf, and
> try to run the
> system-config-display --reconfig again. Please
> remember to make a copy
> before you delete it.

Thank you very much.. THIS WORKED!

I went in on level 3 then removed the already existing
xorg.conf file, reran the system-config-display util.
Then rebooted! Now I have my GNOME. (I was missing out
on the delete xorg.conf file step) Thanks for pointing
this out and getting me going.

Regards.,