My Doom Worm

Tony Dietrich td at transoft.demon.co.uk
Sun Jan 2 22:28:07 UTC 2005

On Sunday 02 Jan 2005 22:06, sly wrote:
> Philip Moller wrote:
> > I have also got a nasty worm (Worm.Mydoom.M:)   from
> > *landsking at onemain.com
>
> how did you find it? i don't know much about worms and linux!
>
> > * .....Kill, kill, kill   Die, die, die .......I hate worm's.
> >
> > Philip Moller
> >
> > Wayne Leutwyler wrote::

> >> Yup I got one too. And I only use this address for this list.
>
> --
>
> sly
> (561)601-4303
> dsyc at go.ro
> 73 6c 79

I didn't get hit by the worm ... but that IP (emmdsl.static.pa.net) has been
hammering my firewall for the last few days.

However, my kids system (WinXP) DID get the worm .... fortunately, the system
is firewalled, AV'd and SpyBotted, so it lasted about 30 secs, without
escaping :-)
--
Tony Dietrich