mplayer

Aaron Gaudio prothonotar at tarnation.dyndns.org
Mon Jan 3 05:02:10 UTC 2005

On Sun, 2005-01-02 at 18:18 -0600, Jeff Vian wrote:
> On Sun, 2005-01-02 at 18:58 -0500, Jim wrote:
> > thank you all for the sugestions   the apt-get method seems to be pretty cool!
> > why hasn't this been built into the fedora kernel as of yet??
> >
> I for one do NOT EVER want to have apt-get, yum, up2date, or any other
> of the many update tools built into the kernel
[..snip..]

That was a long reply to someone who probably didn't mean for it to be
technically in the kernel.

Jim, if you meant why isn't it in the core distribution... that's a good
question. I thought Fedora Core 2 included apt in it, but core 3 doesn't
appear to. For some reason they seem to favor yum, which I stopped using
after about 5 minutes of seeing how slow it was compared to apt (plus, I
don't know if they have a GUI yet). I think up2date supports both apt
and yum.

--
Aaron Gaudio <prothonotar at tarnation.dyndns.org>