Evolution 2.02 not sending mail

Alexander Dalloz ad+lists at uni-x.org
Mon Jan 3 14:11:04 UTC 2005

Am Mo, den 03.01.2005 schrieb kevin.j.lisciotti at jpmchase.com um 14:59:

> I just installed FC3 and used yum to install all the patches and updates.
> The system is now running the 2.6.9-681 kernel. I started up Evolution and
> went through the wizard to setup the email account. Once I finished I sent
> a test email to myself. Evolution prompted me for my pop password and then
> successfully download my email. When trying to send the test email it
> returned with a 'mail from user unknown error'.
>
> I've seen previous threads and postings on this but no resolution. Has
> anyone else experienced this problem or know a fix?

> Kevin Lisciotti, CISSP

It would be helpful to know what kind of SMTP setup you have chosen
within Evolution and what your ISP (or whatever SMTP server you try to
use) requires. So, do you use TLS, do you use AUTH? HAve you tested what
the SMTP server accepts as AUTH methods? If the SMTP server is under
your control, then give some details about it.

Alexander

Fedora GNU/Linux Core 2 (Tettnang) on Athlon kernel 2.6.9-1.6_FC2smp
Serendipity 15:08:44 up 11 days, 16:52, load average: 0.39, 0.68, 0.46