How to turn off selinux ?

Daniel J Walsh dwalsh at redhat.com
Mon Jan 3 15:43:07 UTC 2005

Giuseppe Greco wrote:

>Just edit the /etc/selinux/config file and set
>SELINUX=disabled. Then, restart your machine.
>
>That is it.
>j3d.
>
>On Sun, 2005-01-02 at 18:18 +0100, gaetan yavorsky wrote:
>

>>During install, I didn't care about to set or not selinux.
>>Now I can see, that I have many troubles with access permissions.
>>
>>Just making a little scrit like :
>>
>>#!/bin/sh
>>scanimage -L
>>exit 0
>>

>>Running it in my home dir is OK.
>>moving this script in the httpd directory , I can see many logs from
>>audit / avc.
>>
>>I suppose that it's selinux related, and I would like to turn it off
>>Any advise ?

You can turn off selinux via system-config-securitylevel.  You can also
turn off the apache transition to allow it
to run in the same context as you are running it in your home directory
via this command, (turn off httpd transition).

Lastly could you send the AVC messages to this list so we could
investigate if this is something we should write policy
for apache to allow.

Dan