hal blacklist

HaJo Schatz hajo at hajo.net
Mon Jan 3 16:33:42 UTC 2005

On Mon, 2005-01-03 at 14:02 +0000, Michael A. Peters wrote:
> It's neither hal nor the built in firewire controller, it happens with
> the Belkin controller as well, even when hal is sent to hell before
> plugging in the iPod.

Is it really unmounted (from the kernel point of view) or did your
umount fail?

How does the iPod behave if connected through USB?

HaJo

PS: I have only once seen an iPod, and then connected to a WIN XP
machine. Even then, it always said "do not disconnect". Could this issue
be rather HW related? Maybe searching WIN-centric lists/forums might
give a clue. I think I soon have to convince my wife to lend me her iPod
Photo (which I gave to her for Christmas) to give this a try in FC3...

--
HaJo Schatz <hajo at hajo.net>
http://www.HaJo.Net

PGP-Key:  http://www.hajo.net/hajonet/keys/pgpkey_hajo.txt