selecting default session with gdm

Andrew Choens andy.choens at gmail.com
Mon Jan 3 16:35:16 UTC 2005

> vi /etc/sysconfig/desktop

That will definitely work, but I prefer to use the simplest method
possible which is:

1)  Start gnome-terminal and type....
2)  switchdesk xfce

You'll get some feedback from the system and it will tell you that
your default desktop has been changed to XFCE.  This will ONLY change
it for the user you are running it as.  So, on my system, a user
(let's say Tom) has done this.  Tom will load XFCE when he logs in
while everyone else continues to use GNOME.  In contrast, changing the
file in /etc will change the default login for everyone on your
system.

I don't know which you want to do.

Also, if you don't know vi, any editor will work.

--andy