HP notebook wireless networking

Jonathan Berry berryja at gmail.com
Mon Jan 3 19:05:18 UTC 2005

On Mon, 03 Jan 2005 08:05:20 -0500, Neal D. Becker
<ndbecker2 at verizon.net> wrote:
> I'm about to order a hp amd64 notebook zv5000z series.  There are 2 choices
> for wireless, but not much info on what the chipsets are.  Anyone know if
> there is any problem with FC3 on this machine?
>
> Networking choices are:
>
> 1) 54g(TM) 802.11b/g WLAN w/ 125HSM/SpeedBooster(TM)
> 2) 54g(TM) Integ. Broadcom 802.11b/g WLAN & Bluetooth

Hi Neal,
I have a similar laptop (Compaq R3000Z) and FC3 runs very nicely on
it.  The Broadcom wireless does not work with the x86_64 version yet,
but it seems that support should be coming soon.  If you click on the
"Help me decide" link on HP's website for the Wireless, it looks like
the SpeedBooster is also a Broadcom chipset.  You might want to check
out the following list for linux on the R3000/zv5000: