new kernel

Frank Pineau frank at pineaus.com
Mon Jan 3 19:17:57 UTC 2005

On Mon, 2005-01-03 at 13:39 -0500, Jim wrote:
> i tried to update the kernel that was just released
> i get a message
> " Your system is fully updated. No new packages are needed"
>
> i guess cause the kernel is usually skipped but since this is the only
> package i need, why won't it let me install the update ?

Which new kernel would this be?  The latest one I see on updates is
kernel-2.6.9-1.681 and it was posted 11/21.  There's a newer one in
rawhide, but unless your yum config points to rawhide, it won't get
picked up.

--
Fix it! Fix it! Fix it! Fix it! Fix it! Fix it!... Fix it! Fix it! Fix
it!

--Fry
  Futurama - "A Clone of My Own"