HP notebook wireless networking

Jonathan Berry berryja at gmail.com
Mon Jan 3 19:36:57 UTC 2005

On Mon, 3 Jan 2005 12:00:48 -0700, James Mounts <james at trueld.com> wrote:
> If that is what they are doing/saying about the PCI card, I would turn to a
> different laptop company. Just buying into it makes them believe they can do
> that.
>
> But who knows, maybe it's not true after all.
>
> You can get a NICE dell for little money.  :D

Well, I haven't checked it out, but here is the HP thread stating the
purpose for the whitelist:

http://forums1.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer.do?admit=716493758+1103150660688+28353475&threadId=567021

It is unfortunate, but I think HP makes quality products and I don't
see it as a good enough reason not to do business with them,
especially if it is the FCC requirement.
I wouldn't say you could get a *nice* Dell for little money, but a
decent one.  If you want a good CPU, modern video card, and a decent
amount of RAM, you are going to have to pay a little more.  You can't
buy a 64-bit machine from them, though.  I won't buy a Dell because
they only sell Intel CPUs.  I think AMD makes a much better CPU for
the price.  And when you can get a 64-bit laptop for easily under
$1500, it just doesn't make sense to buy 32-bit.

Jonathan