HP notebook wireless networking

Aleksandar Milivojevic amilivojevic at pbl.ca
Mon Jan 3 21:56:25 UTC 2005

Jonathan Berry wrote:
> Well, I haven't checked it out, but here is the HP thread stating the
> purpose for the whitelist:
>
> http://forums1.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer.do?admit=716493758+1103150660688+28353475&threadId=567021

Well, what I read on that forum, it looks as HP is using it as excuse,
and that they don't have any intention of whitelisting anything without
HP label on it.  If that happened to me, I'd just return entire laptop
to where I bought it.  And I'd look for something with no BIOS restrictions.

Anyhow, if you are in hacking mood, you can always download a BIOS and
use hex editor to whitelist your card.  Of course, I'm not responsible
if you don't know how to use hex editor and render your laptop unusable
;-).  If it works, put instructions somewhere on the web for other's to use.