FC3-i386-disc2.iso

Erik Hemdal ehemdal at townisp.com
Tue Jan 4 00:19:07 UTC 2005

>Message: 10
>Date: Mon, 3 Jan 2005 14:00:35 -0800
>From: Kam Leo <kam.leo at gmail.com>
>Subject: Re: FC3-i386-disc2.iso
>To: For users of Fedora Core releases <fedora-list at redhat.com>
>

>>> Ben.

Try downloading the ISO file and checking the md5sum before you burn the
ISO image.  That will help you rule out download vs. CD burning
problems.  If the downloaded file is corrupted, the CD will certainly be
bad.

I assume you know what you need to burn a good CD, because you were
successful with the other images.  But, if your download is good, search
the archives about booting with 'ide=nodma' as a boot option.  I found
that even though CD#2 was good, it would fail mediacheck without turning
off DMA access to the CD drive.  I don't know the details, but the
archives will tell the story.

It is possible that you have good CDs after all, check at each step to
make sure.  Good luck.  Erik