Mobo Compatability

Felix Miata mrmazda at ij.net
Tue Jan 4 03:23:49 UTC 2005

Ric Tibbetts wrote:

> So, if those two boards are bad, which is now the prefered mobos?
> I had always thought that ASUS, and Soyo were some of the best. So now
> I'm stuck.
> I'm open to recomendations!

Last two I bought were Abit & Gigabyte with Intel chipsets. I'd probably
try to buy something besides Abit next time, because they've ignored my
defective BIOS reports, don't fix the BIOS problem I reported, and issue
new BIOS without the fixes that require windoze to unarchive first in
order to flash. Windoze BIOS archiving is probably good enough reason to
look for another board manufacturer in any event.

I like Tyan, but they rarely seem to have the feature set I want when
I'm shopping. I've heard good things about Epox, but never bought one
yet.
--
"The message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing,
but to us who are being saved, it is the power of God."

 Team OS/2 ** Reg. Linux User #211409

Felix Miata  ***  http://members.ij.net/mrmazda/