Mobo Compatability

Robert L Cochran cochranb at speakeasy.net
Tue Jan 4 04:18:07 UTC 2005

Ric Tibbetts wrote:

> Good day all.
> I took a browse through the archives, and couldn't find a clear answer
> to this, so I'm hoping someone here can point me in the right direction.
>
> I'm going to be building a new box soon, based on either an ASUS, or
> Soyo Athon 64 mobo.
> Does anyone have a good feel for what SATA RAID is supported in Fedora
> (I'll put FC3 on it).
> RAID is not a priorety, so if support is sketchy, I'll forget it, and
> order it with standard drives, and not get the RAID enabled mobo. But
> if it's working, I would like to use it.
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> -Ric

My current favorite is MSI. I'm running FC3 (x86_64) on an MSI K8N Neo2
Platinum. Love the board, and love the AMD Athlon 64 even more. Also
very good is Gigabyte, they are a bit pricy but the boards have been
completely solid for me. Never gave a problem.

In my mind there is absolutely no question what my next box will be: at
least 64 bits of zing, still using MSI boards with AMD CPUs, and as much
memory as my wallet can bear.

Bob