How to locate System devices

Kevin J. Cummings cummings at kjchome.homeip.net
Tue Jan 4 05:40:13 UTC 2005

Jay Scherrer wrote:
> I have a Sharp Zaurus PDA. My Fedora recognizes the  system device
> which is using the OHCI hub. Using the Systemtools->Hardware
> browser->System devices lists Sharp Zaurus SL 5200D/5500 PDA on a USB
> OHCI Root Hub.
>
> How do I detect which device FC has assigned to it?  As in /dev/????

Jay,
	What exactly are you trying to do with your Zaurus?  I sync mine  over
a USB network from the cradle connected to a USB port on my FC2 machine.
  It takes some configuration to work properly, and I've broken the
automatic configuration, but I have no problems configuring it by hand
when I need it....  Since I'm using usbnet, I don't need a /dev/ device.
  ifconfig usb0 works for me.

--
Kevin J. Cummings
kjchome at rcn.com