Memory Usage: Firefox / Evolution

Nifty Hat Mitch mitch48 at sbcglobal.net
Tue Jan 4 17:15:34 UTC 2005

On Thu, Dec 23, 2004 at 08:44:56PM -0500, Ryan D'Baisse wrote:

> Ooooh, HECK, no!  Could someone please explain to me how Firefox could
> be taking up 114MB (34 MB shared) and Evolution 207MB (26.7 MB
> shared)?

Perhaps each thread has a large stack and private data region.
Also the large number of libraries for this and that font
and language could be adding up.

Start with lsof and look at the files and libs that
are open.  Most will not be shared but could....

--
	T o m  M i t c h e l l
	spam unwanted email.