how to spoof the browser type?

Matthew Miller mattdm at mattdm.org
Tue Jan 4 17:59:23 UTC 2005

On Tue, Jan 04, 2005 at 11:13:16AM -0500, Marc M wrote:
> job link gives you this message when viewed with mozilla firefox.  I
> want to be able to alter the mozilla code to fool whatever it is with
> these dumb sites.  Has anybody out there done such a thing?

As someone else pointed out, there's an extension which makes this easy.

However, if we keep doing this, the, as you say, "dumb sites" will never
learn. After installing the extension and successfully visiting the site,
send 'em e-mail explaining that their site works fine with Firefox and that
they shouldn't arbitrarily block it. (Also maybe point 'em to some of the
recent articles on browser stats.)