nvidia and xorg-x11-Mesa-libGL

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net
Tue Jan 4 19:47:14 UTC 2005

On Tue, Jan 04, 2005 at 07:25:52PM +0100, Kristian Poul Herkild wrote:
> Don't even think about using .at-packages. Alex Thimm likes to use this
> list to spread his packages

for you it's still "Axel" ;)

> - without ever fixing the many issues arrising from using them
> (those have been proved to exist by me and many others).

so where is the prove? Please find one bug in one package, report in
on bugzilla.atrpms.net or any atrpms list and challenge ATrpms to see
how fast the fix will come (in case your bug report is valid, that
is).

> - they screw up your system, by adding fictious dependencies and
> conflicting with everything but other ATrpms-packages.
>
> Why Alex Thimm has chosen a Microsoftish approach is unclear to me, but
> as can be seen from an answer to me from AT, he doesn't really care
> about the mess, he's  unnecessarily creating for the rest of us.

So where is this answer to you from AT "where he doesn't really care
about the mess"?

What is the contribution of your post to the originator's question?
Are you running any nvidia driven hardware? There was no constructive
help in any of your lines. Only "don't"s that exclude valid
solutions.

> (Now he's gonna get pissed, I guess :p )

You did your best, but now better grow up. :)

--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net