ogle problem

Temlakos temlakos at gmail.com
Tue Jan 4 21:06:14 UTC 2005

Everyone:

Well, today I finally migrated to FC3. I had to, after a Synaptic
session with the wrong repository (probably the atrpms set--from now on
I use only Dag and his friends, and *not* atrpms!) fouled up my X setup
permanently. So I decided to "rescue" my data and do a fresh install of
FC3.

By and large, I've been able to restore most of my functionality--except
for one program, and that is Ogle, the DVD player that manages DVD
menus. For some reason it absolutely refuses to load--something is
creating a seg fault every time.

I have mplayer, and it works. But I'd like to know why ogle fails to
load, when it loaded just fine on FC2. (Well, actually, sometimes it
would load and sometimes it wouldn't, and the behavior always changed
after an up2date session.)

Has anyone else seen this problem?

FYI, I use Dag, Dries, freshrpms, and newrpms as apt repositories, and I
have the Dag repos configured for yum and up2date. I am also using the
current kernel.
--
Temlakos <temlakos at gmail.com>