OT: Restricting Downloads

Mike Ramirez mike at thexxxhost.com
Tue Jan 4 21:54:41 UTC 2005

Hey all Happy New Year.

I have apache 1.3 running on a FC2 box (for some older mods)  But my
problem is that I want to be able to restrict downloads and or
connections on a per IP basis to a subdomain, basically I want to
prevent Download managers from connecting more than once.

I'm using mod_throttle to stop concurrent connections but its not
working the way I want it to.  The policy Concurrent doesn't work with
ThrottleClientIP by design.  The docs on mod_throttle are vague at
best.  Anyone know of any good tutorials or how-tos? or of a better
solution?

I already have .htaccess for hotlinking protection setup also but no

I know there are alot of php/cgi-perl scripts out there already that can
do this but I'm trying for a system level protection, if possible.

Using a script is possible but trying to avoid a site redesign/change.

Thanks.

Mike
--
Mike Ramirez <mike at thexxxhost.com>