ogle problem

Temlakos temlakos at gmail.com
Tue Jan 4 22:10:53 UTC 2005

On Tue, 2005-01-04 at 16:54 -0500, S. Bandyopadhyay wrote:

> i suppose this is another "me too" post. i have had the same
> problems and running
>
> ogle --debug
>
> gives me something like
>
> Debug[ogle_ctrl]: Started /usr/lib/ogle/ogle_gui with pid 7532
> Debug[ogle_ctrl]: child: 7532 killed (/usr/lib/ogle/ogle_gui)
> Debug[ogle_ctrl]: pid: 7532 terminated on signal: 11 (/usr/lib/ogle/ogle_gui)
> Debug[ogle_ctrl]: all children dead
>

> etc...
>
> looking at ogle-user list, i think this is related to ogle
> gui
>
> http://lists.berlios.de/pipermail/ogle-user/2004-December/002384.html
>
> can you run ogle using the cli
>
> ogle -u cli /dev/dvd
>
> etc?

I can--using exactly the same command string you gave above. When I do,
I get a menu display, and can navigate--but once a program starts, it
starts, and I'm committed to sitting it through to the end, and only
then will the menus come back. I can't even pause it--I just have to let
it run, and if I get distracted, too bad--it's either that or start the
program all over again (or jump to a chapter beginning just before I
left off).
--
Temlakos <temlakos at gmail.com>