Evolution POP - deleting messages when emptying trash.

A. Lanza alf at lanza-ti.com
Wed Jan 5 07:19:13 UTC 2005

El vie, 12-11-2004 a las 17:23, Ken Shaffer escribió:
> I am trying to use evolution, but I have POP mail only from several sources.
> I need to read mail from many machines, so I leave mail on server with
> outlook and
> set "delete when removed from deleted items".   I can leave mail on server
> with evolution 1.4 or 2.x.  But how can I ever delete messages after I trash
> them.  I have seen a few references to this issue as being "discussed and
> dead".  But, I can't find any more info.

I do have the same issue. I read mail in two different computers, so i
have to leave messages in my mail server. But i would like to delete
them after a 10 day period, or so. I've been surprised that Evolution
does not have an option for this.

Does anyone know how can i manage this? And, what's the reason, if any,
for Evolution not having this option to remove messages from server
after a given period of time?

Thanks,

Alf