nvidia and xorg-x11-Mesa-libGL

Chadley Wilson chadley at pinteq.co.za
Wed Jan 5 07:43:24 UTC 2005

On Tuesday 04 January 2005 12:56, Przemyslaw Gawronski wrote:
> Hi Fedora users
>
> The subject of nvidia driver was up several times. I've managed to
> install it correctly according to sugestions given on the list.
>
> But, one of the steps was to uninstall xorg-x11-Mesa-libGL rpm. When
> ever I update my system with yum this package gets installed. So I have
> to uninstall it manually and install nvidia driver again.
>
> How do other nvidia users deal with this ?
>
> Thanks
>
> Przemek
>
> --
> TANREN DOJO - Aikido Club    (Warsaw - Poland)   http://www.tanren.pl/
> info:  phone: +48506613147  (mon. - fri. 9 - 15) email: dojo at tanren.pl

Could some-one please answer this thread with a factual statement, as I also
suffer from these symptoms.
I have reloaded my box close on 10 times, and would really like a final
solution that works too. not to mention if the original poster must seek and
destroy for a solution, then he has posted for help here in vain, the list
has not been a benefit to him or the archives.
I can also spend 4 days loading all the packages you lot have suggested. and
would ultimately find a solution. The objective of the mailing list is to
share solutions to problems, not present the poster with problems.
If you have problems don't raise them and answers to other problems.
raise your questions, seek answer and solutions.

I cannot tell you how frustrating I am getting with the archives and with
google results. all we get is deadend half cocked solutions, we mail the same
question to the mailing and get crapped on for the "so called Answer" lie
burried within a mess of argments and crap like this, That said I will stop
writting now.

OH what is a solution Please!

Thanks

--