how to spoof the browser type

Chris 'Chipper' Chiapusio chipper at llamas.net
Wed Jan 5 13:24:17 UTC 2005

On Wed, 5 Jan 2005, Nifty Hat Mitch wrote:

> On Tue, Jan 04, 2005 at 01:40:11PM -0500, Marc M wrote:
>> On Tue, 04 Jan 2005 10:23:31 -0800, Vadim <vadim at overture.com> wrote:
>>>  Works for me too.
>>>  Which URL are you hitting exactly?
>>>  -V
>>>

>>>  Scot L. Harris wrote:
>>>  On Tue, 2005-01-04 at 11:13, Marc M wrote:
>>>  Hi, I just visited the lovely user-friendly site myflorida.com where the
>>> job link gives you this message when viewed with mozilla firefox. I want to
>>> be able to alter the mozilla code to fool whatever it is with these dumb
>>> sites. Has anybody out there done such a thing? Thanks Marc **** This
>>> browser is not supported. Supported browsers are: 1) Internet Explorer
>>> version 5.0 SP2 and higher 2) Netscape Navigator version 6.2 and higher ***
>>> Seems to work just fine using firefox or mozilla 1.4.
>>
>> https://peoplefirst.myflorida.com/ which takes me to
>>
>> https://peoplefirst.myflorida.com/reject.htm

In firefox, select Tools -> Extensions -> Get More Extensions

Find the 'User Agent Switcher' extension, install, restart firefox,

Tools -> User Agent Switcher -> Internet Explorer 6 (Windows XP)

now the page will load in firefox

Chip

------
                       Please encrypt anything important.
    PGP Key: http://wwwkeys.pgp.net:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x6CFA486D
     temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety " - Benjamin Franklin
                         quis custodiet ipsos custodes?