ThinkPad, APM S3, and kernel 2.6.9-1.724_FC3

James Mckenzie jjmckenzie51 at earthlink.net
Wed Jan 5 14:59:47 UTC 2005

Chris Ruprecht said about Thinkpad, APM S3 and kernel 2.6.9-1.724_FC3:

>After I disabled lm_sensors, my machine no longer freezes.
>In order to do that, delete these sym-links:
>
>/etc/rc.d/rc3.d/S26lm_sensors
>/etc/rc.d/rc5.d/S26lm_sensors

I would not run lm_sensors on any Thinkpad.  If a slipup occurs, major damage will occur which is NOT covered by the IBM warrenty.  Thanks for the advice on how to disable this problematic and dangerous process (at least for IBM Thinkpads.)

This may also 'cure' the problem that some folks have with APM S3 (suspend) not waking up properly after 30 minutes or longer of suspend.

James McKenzie
A Proud User of Linux!