Kernel Rebuild Question

Alex Ackerman alex at darkhonor.com
Wed Jan 5 16:40:58 UTC 2005

This is probably so easy it's embarrassing to ask, but I'm trying to
rebuild the kernel using the source rpm. I need the i686 kernel, but not
the i686 smp kernel.  I'm currently using:

$ rpmbuild --rebuild --target i686 kernel-2.6.x-x.x.src.rpm

What am I missing? It's taking WAY too long to rebuild the kernel rpm
(~1.5 - 2 hours) when it build both. I have a Centrino 1.7GHz laptop
with 1GB ram. Hopefully, by only building 1 of the kernel rpm packages I
can speed up the process.  Thanks for your help.

Alex Ackerman

http://www.darkhonor.com <http://www.darkhonor.com/>