[SPAM] Re: Kernel Rebuild Question

Alex Ackerman alex at darkhonor.com
Wed Jan 5 17:14:52 UTC 2005

Are you able to do it on the command line within the rpmbuild --rebuild
line? I'd need to automate the process and this would make things a lot
easier to deal with. I did see one example on the net where someone sent
a 'define' to the rebuild command for another rpm where they specified
the kernel version. Would a 'define' sent in on the command line
override a define in the spec file? For instance, if I typed:

rpmbuild --rebuild --target=i686 --define 'buildsmp 0'
kernel-2.6.x-x.y.src.rpm

Thanks for your help!

Alex