How to migrate profile/account from Windoze Mozilla to FC3

Felix Miata mrmazda at ij.net
Wed Jan 5 17:10:15 UTC 2005

A. Rick Anderson wrote Wed, 05 Jan 2005 11:16:30 -0500:

> Felix Miata wrote:

>      A. Rick Anderson wrote:

>           What files do I need to copy from my windoze box
>           to my Linux box so that
>           when I bring up mozilla mail, I get all my
>           existing email, filters,
>           directories, addresses, etc.

>      This issue is addressed indirectly beginning at
>      http://www.mozilla.org/start/1.5/faq/profile.html#backup

>      Once you've copied the files, you'll need to edit prefs.js to correct
>      the absolute pathnames and the names of the *.s & *.w files.
>      See http://www.mozilla.org/start/1.7/ and its links for
>      additional information.

> I've tried following the directions, but not having much success. My
> current road block is that Mozilla won't display any hidden
> directories or files, so I can't point the "Local File" property at
> the .mozilla directory. The directory that it claims it is using
> doesn't exist.

That sounds like a Gnome filepicker problem. I never did find out how it
can be made to display .* files or directories. Last I checked, KDE
doesn't have such a limitation. Regardless, I'd be using mc to do the
file copies and editing, all of which should be done with Mozilla fully
closed, anyway.
--
"The message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing,
but to us who are being saved, it is the power of God."

 Team OS/2 ** Reg. Linux User #211409

Felix Miata  ***  http://members.ij.net/mrmazda/