Evolution & Spamd is there a way to disable use of spamd?

Ben Russo ben at muppethouse.com
Wed Jan 5 18:21:29 UTC 2005

In Evolution I have used the "Tools-->Settings" menu item
and opened the Evolution Mail Account settings Editor
and under the "Receiving Options" I have verified that there
is NO check mark next to "check new messages for junk contents"
Yet still evolution starts up several "spamd" processes
when it is running.

The SPAMD processes use up a significant amount of RAM and CPU.
Since I am not doing any spam filtering why does it still do this?
Is there a way to turn it off that I haven't found yet?

-Ben.