USB serial hardware handshaking quit ?

Kim Lux lux at diesel-research.com
Wed Jan 5 18:37:48 UTC 2005

I've got an application that talks to a device via a USB serial port.
(PL2301 device.)

It worked fine a few weeks ago.  Now it doesn't.  I can still use
minicom to talk with the device.  The error I get with the application
is a cts timeout error.

I checked the port using stty and hardware handshaking is set with both
applications, ie the one that doesn't work and minicom.

Any ideas on how to proceed would be appreciated.

I think I saw a post or two about someone else having a similar problem,
but I can't find it.  I think it was on this list.  Does anyone remember
it ?

Thanks.

--
Kim Lux,  Diesel Research Inc.