Ndiswrapper & RT2500.INF (RALink-Driver for WLAN)

S. Bandyopadhyay sbandy at umd.edu
Wed Jan 5 20:02:04 UTC 2005

On 7:45pm Jan 5, 2005, Falko Jeske wrote

>  Hey all,
>
>  i used NDISWRAPPER for my internal WLAN-Chip
>  (http://obsequious.net/tech/averatec-3225.php), but it wont work for me.
>
>  My problem: I used
>  http://ndiswrapper.sourceforge.net/phpwiki/index.php/installation and i
>  have done all of Part two. I Installed the driver via NDISWRAPPER. But
>  how do i load the module type MODPROBE NDISWRAPPER? Thats the point i
>  dont know what to do.
>
>  Thanks...
>
>  Falko

yes (assuming your you installed the windows drivers
properly by doing 'ndiswrapper -i blah.inf') you can just do

/sbin/modprobe ndiswrapper

then do:

ndiswrapper -l

if it says something like "hardware present" etc. then you
are okay.

you should now see your wlan0 interface. use

/usr/sbin/system-config-network

to configure & activate wlan0

see

http://www.linuxelectrons.com/article.php/20040507104718960