Migrating from Evolution to Thunderbird: Address book Transfer?

Chris Ruprecht chrisr at ruprecht.org
Thu Jan 6 01:45:38 UTC 2005

Hi all,

I would like to migrate from Evolution to Thunderbird. I have no
problem, moving me mail over, as it sits on an IMAP server (FC2).

But I'm having a hard time to get the addresses to move over. I have
tried exporting out of Evolution - which creates a nicely formatted
VCard file that Thunderbird has no way of reading.
I have tried to set up an LDAP server on my server, but I was not that
successful and I have no idea if this is worth the effort (Don't know if
I can import/export/use addresses in there later).

Any other ideas? I have other Operating systems around here (Win2K,
MacOS X) that I could use, if - IF there is a way to get the addresses
transferred.

Best regards,
Chris
--
Don't ask me nothin' about nothin' - I might just tell you the
truth ...