Adding new items to the GNOME main menu in FC3

Colin Brace cwb at lim.nl
Thu Jan 6 04:11:07 UTC 2005

Chris Morrison wrote:

> After much tweaking and hacking (for a newbie), I have finally got Pan
> to work under FC3.
 >
> I would now like to add it to the 'Internet' sub-menu of the GNOME main
> menu.

Pan is part of the Fedora distro. If you selected it during the initial
setup process, it would have been installed on your system and added to
the Red Hat menu hierarchy without any "tweaking and hacking¨ needed. In
any case, you need to create a  .desktop file for it in
/usr/share/applications. See that directory for other examples.