how to spoof the browser type

Marc M linuxr at gmail.com
Wed Jan 5 22:50:16 UTC 2005

On Wed, 05 Jan 2005 17:32:42 -0500, Scot L. Harris <webid at cfl.rr.com> wrote:
> On Wed, 2005-01-05 at 10:05, Tarjei Knapstad wrote:
> > On Wed, 2005-01-05 at 15:08, David Limon Romero wrote:
> > > El Mié 05 Ene 2005 7:24 AM, Chris 'Chipper' Chiapusio escribió:
> > >

> > <snip>
> >

> > > I've been using the extension since it was released, it works fine, but
> > > unfortunately some websites designed 100% for IE doesn't work (I mean some
> > > 'features' on the site), that's a kind of discrimination, people can't use
> > > the browser that they want (firefox) and finally drop IE :-(
> > > I hate that websites.
> > >

> > In those cases there's only one thing to do. Complain loudly and tell
> > them they're missing out on more than 15 million potential visitors:
> > http://spreadfirefox.com/
>

> That usually means they are using active-x controls and the only thing
> you can do is complain.
>
> --
> Scot L. Harris
> webid at cfl.rr.com
>
> It works the way the Wang did, what's the problem
>
> --

I'll put this one on my activism 'to do' list.  Wow, that is a lot to
think about.  Really the same type of exclusionary actions that some
of the isp's have done, but of course in the free market you can go
elsewhere with your income to spend.   And in this sector people
suppossedly have legal rights, unenforceable though they may be...

I wouldn't be surprised if Convergys did the website as part of a
massive integration.  When they are not busy sending jobs overseas
they are the number one recipient of privatization for Fla, with
regards to anything IT-related.  Funny how they always seem to get the
contracts...

Marc