Odd problem with lo device going away

Alan alan at clueserver.org
Thu Jan 6 09:38:27 UTC 2005

I have seen an odd occurrence with Fedora Core 2 & 3.

Once in a while "lo" gets disconnected from 127.0.0.1.  It is still
there for ::1 (ipv6), but it just vanishes for ipv4.

The two machines have both been AMD64 processors running a 64 bit
kernel.  The other machines I have running 32 bit versions of Fedora
heve never had this problem that I have observed.

Has anyone else seen this problem?

Ideas why?

It is actually important as is screws up ssh tunneling.

I have not checked bugzilla because I am not quite certain what to
search for in this case.

--
We are living in the "interesting times" the fortune cookies warned us
about.