How do you know?

Alex Evonosky alex at alexevon.org
Thu Jan 6 14:29:53 UTC 2005

Maciej R. wrote:
> Hello out there,
>
> I wanted to ask why you are using 'Fedora' and not for example 'Suse' or
> 'Debian'? What is the reason for choosing 'Fedora'? If you had a choice
> between 'Suse 9.2 Professional - DVD Edition' and 'Fedora Core 3 on DVD'
> what would you do?

well, seeing that I'm on this list, I chose Fedora.  The reason I choose
it is due to being with Redhat since they started and never really
having any major issues with them.  I stuck with Fedora since this
distro is really 'bleeding-edge' and bug fixes seem to be done more
rapidly.  There also seems to be a stronger 'brotherhood' among fedora
users as we all make these units work.

I just find that using Fedora on my servers and end user machines, I
have less issues and just get the job done.  Replacing the window
machines w/ fedora was the best move we have done as office productivity
actually went up since less down-time, less complaints, etc.