Configuring ndiswrapper

evan no-reply-gw at fcp.homelinux.org
Thu Jan 6 18:21:23 UTC 2005

Hi,

I am new to all of this and I'm trying to get my feet wet. Anyway, I hope I posted to the right place...

I am trying to use ndiswrapper 0.12 on fedora core 3 kernel version 2.6.9-1.724_FC3 to load the windows driver for my Linksys WPC54G wireless adapter. I was able to successfully complete a 'make install'. I can then run 'ndiswrapper -i' to install the driver. When I type 'ndiswrapper -l', the following message appears:

Installed ndis drivers:
lstinds driver present, hardware present

This is all fine and good until I try to run 'modprobe ndiswrapper'. At this point, the following error message is displayed:

FATAL: Error inserting ndiswrapper (/lib/modules/2.6.0-1.724_FC3/misc/ndiswrapper.ko): Unknown symbol in module, or unknown parameter (see dmesg)

Does anyone know how to fix this? I am not very familiar with linux. I would appreciate it very much.

Thanks,
Evan

--
This is an email sent via the webforum on http://fcp.homelinux.org