Video-Streaming-Server

Guy Fraser guy at incentre.net
Thu Jan 6 18:22:08 UTC 2005

Have you been able to install VLC?

There appears to be dependancy problems istalling the packages.

I tried for a few hours yesterday but libcdio is out of sync with
the rest of the packages or some of the packages have messed up
spec files. The packages are looking for libcdio.so.0 but
libcdio.so is what gets installed. I haven't had time to try and
build from all the sources yet.

I am looking into building a video surveillance system and need
it to be able to stream video to multiple platforms. Using VLC
with video capture cards is the direction I'm heading toward.

I have installed EverFocus and Misubishi DVRs but they both have
poor remote monitoring and configuration abilities.

--
Guy Fraser
Network Administrator