udevstart coredumps

Aleksandar Milivojevic amilivojevic at pbl.ca
Thu Jan 6 19:21:16 UTC 2005

I've reinstalled FC3 on one of my toy machines, and all the sudden
udevstart (called from start_udev script) started to core dump during
boot.  Prior to this reinstall, everything worked fine.  The only
difference between old and new installation, this time I wanted to play
with LVM on that machine.  So I guess LVM was the one that triggered
this problem.  Anybody had the same or similar problem?

Config was rather simple (and more or less standard), two SATA drives,
each had two partitions (mirrored as md0 and md1).  md0 for booting
(/boot), md1 was holding single volume group with several logical
volumes on it (all file systems (excluding /boot) and swap).  Doesn't
look like anything unusual that should make udevstart to core dump.